A clutter based terminal written in pure python (no vte lib).
This is a work in progress and it's far from ready for every day use.
What's working ?
- Clutter / Pango support with python3 using introspection lib
- Asynchronous communication with underlying pseudo terminal using select
- Pango markup for color
- 256 colors support
- Shaders can be applied to the terminal surface (try it with F1-F6)
- Smooth terminal cursor
- Visual effect on bell
- Most of useful xterm escapes are implemented
Almost everything else:
- Remaining xterm escapes
- Bugs in escapes handling
- Text selection
- Escapes lexer need optimisation and clean up
- Text rendering is slow
- Resize does not always work
- Several bindings need to be added
Want to contribute ?
You are more than welcome, just fork it and make me pull request with a little explanation of your modifications.