PASETO: Platform-Agnostic Security Tokens
Paseto is everything you love about JOSE (JWT, JWE, JWS) without any of the many design deficits that plague the JOSE standards.
This library is a reference implementation of PASETO in the PHP language. Please refer to the PASETO Specification for design considerations.
How to Use this Library
See the documentation.
The PASETO specification may also be useful for understanding why things are designed the way they are.
PHP PASETO Library Version 2
- Requires PHP 7.1 or newer.
- For v3 tokens, the GMP and OpenSSL extensions are required.
- For v4 tokens, the Sodium extension is strongly recommended (but this library will use sodium_compat if it's not).
PHP PASETO Library Version 1
- Requires PHP 7.0 or newer.
- For v1 tokens, the OpenSSL extension is required.
- For v2 tokens, the Sodium extension is strongly recommended (but this library will use sodium_compat if it's not).
If your company uses this library in their products or services, you may be interested in purchasing a support contract from Paragon Initiative Enterprises.