Pomodoro plugin for Xfce4 panel
This bash script uses xfce4-genmon-plugin and libnotify to create a simple Pomodoro timer for Xfce4 panel. After xfce4-genmon-plugin is added to the panel - it should point to the pomodoro.sh script
To configure parameters please go to pomodoro.sh and configure:
size - Icon size in pixels
pomodoro_time - Time for the pomodoro cycle (in minutes)
short_break_time - Time for the short break cycle (in minutes)
long_break_time - Time for the long break cycle (in minutes)
cycles_between_long_breaks - How many cycles should we do before long break
notify_time - Time for notifcation to hang (in seconds)
The icons are stolen form http://www.flickr.com/photos/bcolbow/3842129453/
Instructions for XUbuntu (and probably other XFCE from the family)
- Download pomodoro.sh or clone repository
- Install xfce4-genmon-plugin:
# apt-get install xfce4-genmon-plugin
- Right click on your XFCE panel, go to Panel => Add New Items...
- Search for Generic Monitor, and select it
- Right click on newly added monitor in panel, and select Properties
- In new window enter path to
pomodoro.shto Command field
- Uncheck Label
- Set some smaller period in seconds. This is refresh/recheck period.
- Set font large enough to see remaining time clearly.
- Click on your new panel item
- Stop procrastinating and start working :)
Happy Pomodoro !!