Improve wordpress search performance/accuracy and enable faceted search by leveraging an ElasticSearch server.
This plugin is NOT a simple drop-in, it is expected you have some understanding of what an ElasticSearch server is and how it works. The goals/features of this plugin are:
- Replace default wordpress search functionality with that of an ElasticSearch server.
- Ability to specify what data points should be indexed and what the relevancy of those points are.
- Fall back to default wordpress search if ElasticSearch server is not responsive.
- Update ElasticSearch server when posts are removed/added/unpublished.
- Provide a faceting API for building your own custom searches
API/filter/faceting documentation can be found on the wiki:
- Upload plugin folder to the
- Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress
- Click the 'ElasticSearch' menu item and follow the instructions on each section to configure the plugin. (be sure to save on each section)
- Select "Enable" on "Server Settings" when you are ready for it to go live.