Purpose: Improve the efficiency of the network governance through the research
- How should we govern networks (e.g. Ethereum)? Principles of decentralization, (crypto)law, self-organization etc
- What tools produce best results? On-chain + soft practices, decision making, execution, dispute resolution, radical markets etc
- How are current networks governed. Upsides and downsides of different gogvernance models. Update the Governance family tree: Ethereum, MakerDAO, Cardano, Grin, Bitcoin, Polkdadot, Cosmos, Decred, MolochDAO governance case studies. Development on existent governance case studies though deeper analytics and interviews with network stakeholders.
- What are most relevant problems for networks
- Decreasing the governance costs (0%)
- Making better decisions
- Funding public goods
- Increasing the amount and quality of interactions
- Improve org experience
- How to make collaborative strategies
- Dgov Adoption
- Research: Increase the probability and speed of consensus on protocol changes
- Identifying the tensions
- Creating proposals
- Collecting the signals on the proposals
- Is it better? when?
- What can be automated? What should be automated?
- What is hardcoded, what is in templates?
- How to make it better?
- How to raise more awareness and adoption?
- How to incentivize people to collaborate, rather then fork-off? How to overcome our competitive nature?
- What would the onboarding process will look like? How to make it easy? (rather wrong and easy, than hard)
- How to make this applicable for humans? – Grace works
- How to optimize the process of proposing? – Grace works
- How do we get the best, most inclusive solutions and honor everybody in the process? – Grace works
- How do we stop thinking in "either/or" way?
Network Foundations (Ethereum Foundation, Internet Foundation, Decentralized Identity Foundation). Network is a type of organization focused on connecting members for collaboration and opportunities exchange.
Decision making + Signaling
Collect market data
- Regular Open workshops/groups in the ecosystem and community
- Create Partnerships work (monthly working group call or else for more efficient research) #Governance (advisors, experts) Crash test / Ideation
- Collect / Monthly review grant programs, hackathons, incubators / accelerators
- (+Help scholars, ask them to help us with wiki etc)
- Aragon Nest & Flock ****– Aragon Nest was launched to support projects building fundamental tools and infrastructure, largely around Aragon and Ethereum.
- Moloch – A community DAO focused on funding Ethereum development, in the name of Moloch the God of Coordination Failure
- EF & EFC
- Commons Stack
Align with the market
Coops / DAOs
- Public Domain
- Kanban board
- Peer review
- Vote for the researches
- Find sponsors on specific researches
Donate even after the research is done
- Week in ethereum
- Giveth Gov Labs
- Coordinator – Pedro Parrachia (@parrachia)
Purpose: coordinate to create consistency in the final report, avoid overlapping or underrepresentation of some topics or thoughts.
Kanban board (discontinued)
- Review/Request edits of materials by authors
- Managing the Scope of the report
- Assignments (matching) of chapter/author