Join GitHub today
Parse Server is a new project, separate from the hosted Parse API service. Our intention is to provide and support the growth of an open-source API server, and allow new developers to benefit from the powerful Parse client SDKs regardless of where their application logic and data is stored.
Parse Server can be deployed to any infrastructure that can run Node.js. Parse Server works with the Express web application framework. It can be added to existing web applications, or run by itself. See the list of prerequisites in the Parse Server Guide.
Using Parse Server
See the Parse Server Guide to learn more about using Parse Server in your project.
Contributing to Parse Server
See the Development Guide to learn more about developing for Parse Server.
Tutorials on how to deploy your own Parse Server:
- Deploying to Heroku and mLab
- Heroku Button - The Parse-Server Example can be deployed using the Heroku Button
- How to set up Parse Server on AWS using AWS Elastic Beanstalk
- Parse Server AWS EC2 image provided by Bitnami
- Migrate from Parse to MongoDB Cloud Manager and AWS
- Digital Ocean - Run Parse Server on Ubuntu 14.04
- Appcelerator Arrow - Migrating your backend to Appcelerator Arrow
- Deploying Parse Server to Google App Engine
- Run Parse-server on Google Cloud Platform
- Microsoft Azure - Migration guide
- Rackspace Cloud Servers - Migrating to Rackspace cloud servers
- docker image - A docker image for running parse-server quickly
- IBM Bluemix - Migrating your Parse apps to Bluemix on IBM Cloud
- Kontena - How to install and run Parse Server
- Pivotal Web Services Parse Server
- parse-anywhere - A module for emulating hosted cloud code behavior and modules
- Guide for deploying on Docker (French)
- Running Parse Server with HyperDev and mLab - Get Parse Server up and running in minutes, for free, with mLab and HyperDev
- Running Parse Dashboard with HyperDev - Get Parse Dashboard up and running in minutes, for free, with HyperDev
- Adminca - A third-party admin/data-browser for Parse apps.
- Bitnami docker compose - Official Bitnami docker image
- Ansible scripts - Automate installation of parse-server with anible
- From Zero to Hero - run parse-server on Google Cloud Platform series by Ran Hassid:
- Buddy - Simple, scalable and fully-managed Parse Server hosting.
- SashiDo - Parse Server hosting for busy people.
- back4app - Parse Server Made Simple
Push Notifications Alternative Services:
- OneSignal - Migration tool for Push Notifications to OneSignal
- Pushwoosh Push Adapter on npm - Integrate Pushwoosh with Parse Server
- Urban Airship - Push notification migration tool from Urban Airship
- Discussion: Using Parse Server in production - Originally opened in March 2016, this thread discusses various developers' experiences with using Parse Server in production.
- Discussion: How much does it cost to host Parse Server? - Also started in March 2016, in this thread the community discusses the costs associated with hosting your own Parse Server.
- Parse Open Source Community - An unofficial community site with links and a Slack channel.