Note: This is a Release and may be used for production. Any known issues are likely slated for 0.7.0-rc.1 (check Github issues). It is available by default for all devices. To use, select the 0.5.3 version dropdown from the devices drawer.
Note: If you have previously last used one of the prerelease versions of 0.5.3 on a Core/Photon/P1 device, please re-flash it with 0.5.3. You must upgrade (locally preferred) the Electron system firmware to 0.5.3 first before you can OTA new user apps.
- DTR/RTS support (open/closed detection:
- Automatically adds vendored libraries from the
libdirectory for extended application projects #1053
- [Electron] System firmware is now aware of system-part3 to allow OTA/YModem upgrade from >=0.5.3-rc.2 to >=0.6.0-rc.1
- Feature/vendorlibraries #1009
- added HAL_IsISR() which is used to skip calling the background loop from delay(). fixes #673
- Fixes an issue of USB Serial erroneously switching to closed state. #1073
- RTC wakeup time now calculated right before entering SLEEP_MODE_DEEP. Fixes #1043
- STOP mode should retain user interrupt handler. Fixes #1029
- SoftAP mode persisting when setup complete if Wi-Fi was off. #971
- Free memory allocated for previous system interrupt handler #951 fixes #927
- availableForWrite() was reporting bytes available instead of bytes available for write #1020 and #1017
micros()are now atomic to ensure monotonic values. Fixes #916, #925 and #1042
- Fixes to I2C Slave mode implementation with clock stretching enabled #931
- General I2C Improvements and MCP23017 tests #1047
- Rebuilt Wiced_Network_LwIP_FreeRTOS.a WWD_for_SDIO_FreeRTOS.a on OSX #1057 fixes Local build stalling on object dump #1049
analogRead()#1006 fixes #993
- Validates that module dependencies would still be satisfied after the module from the "ota_module" location is flashed (via OTA or YMODEM flashing) #1063
System Binaries (all devices) & Device Upgrader (Photon & Electron)
Programming and Debugging
You can view specific programming and debugging notes for this version of firmware here.