Firmware 0.6.0-rc.2 Pre-release is out on the Build IDE for Core/Photon/P1/Electron
- Please make sure to update your CLI to >= v1.16.0 for proper handling of 3 system parts for Electron.
- You must update your Electron to >= v0.5.3-rc.2 first before attempting to use OTA or YModem transfer to update to v0.6.0-rc.2. If you use DFU over USB, you can update to v0.6.0-rc.2 directly, but make sure you have installed >= v1.16.0 of the CLI first.
Note: This is a pre-release and is not intended for production yet. We've tested this pre-release to the best of our ability and we want to know what you think now! Please understand that some care and attention is necessary when testing this pre-release, and be sure to upgrade to the final release when it's available. It will not be available by default. To use you must select the version dropdown from the devices drawer. Downgrading back to the current release info is at the bottom of this post.
- Consecutive HID reports were overwriting previous the report before it was delivered to the host. Fixes #1090.
- Disabling multiple USB configurations (normal/high power) as this breaks composite driver on Windows. Fixes #1089 Serial and USBSerial1 not working at same time on Windows 8.1 Pro.
- Do not run the event loop from delay() when threading is enabled. Fixes #1055
- Cancel current connection attempt before entering the listening mode with WiFi.listen(true) and also WiFi.off(). Fixes #1013
- Removed hardcoded server IP that was used when DNS resolution fails. Instead, the cloud connection is failed and the system will have to retry. This means DNS lookup failure is now consistent with other modes of connection failure. Addresses #139 Related to #1024
System Binaries (all devices) & Device Upgrader (Photon & Electron)
Programming and Debugging
You can view specific programming and debugging notes for this version of firmware here.