Firmware 0.6.1-rc.2 Pre-release is out on the Web IDE for Core/Photon/P1/Electron
released on production servers January 23, 2017
⚠️Please Note: The bootloader on Electron/Photon/P1 will update to v11 automatically with this update. Make sure your device is connected to a stable power source and do not remove power until after the device reboots and is running. It happens so quickly right after the device resets and boots that you won't notice any special RGB LED signaling for this.
Note: This is a pre-release and is not intended for production yet. We've tested this pre-release to the best of our ability and we want to know what you think now! Please understand that some care and attention is necessary when testing this pre-release, and be sure to upgrade to the final release when it's available. It will not be available by default. To use you must select the version dropdown from the devices drawer. Downgrading back to the current release info is at the bottom of this post.
Note: You must update your Electron to v0.5.3 first before attempting to use OTA or YModem transfer to update to >= v0.6.0. If you use DFU over USB, you can update to >= v0.6.0 directly, but make sure you have installed v1.18.0 of the CLI first.
- [PR #1225] [Photon/P1/Electron] Added support for custom LED colors in bootloader v11 (Safe Mode, DFU Mode, Firmware Reset).
- [PR #1227] [Implements #961] [Electron] Added new API for hostname IP address lookup
IPAddress ip = Cellular.resolve(hostname)
- [PR #1216] Improved Arduino Compatibility (now supported by default, added PARTICLE_NO_ARDUINO_COMPATIBILITY=y command line option for disabling)
- [PR #1217] Added Windows, Mac command, & Unix/Linux meta USB keyboard scancode definitions.
- [PR #1224] Allow the compiler to garbage collect USBKeyboard and USBMouse implementations if they are not used in user code, saving flash space.
- [PR #1225] [Photon/P1/Electron] Combined
LEDCustomStatusinto a single class ->
- [PR #1221] [Fixes #1220] [Electron] TIM8 PWM pins (B0, B1) did not work correctly in bootloader with
- [PR #1222] Fixed bug in
String(const char* str, int len)constructor when the string is longer than the specified length.
- [PR #1225] [Photon/P1/Electron] Fixed LED indication shown during device key generation (blinking white) introduced in 0.6.1-rc.1
- [PR #1226] [Fixes #1181] [Photon/P1/Core] Process TCP
DESCRIBEproperly and return only one response, SYSTEM, APPLICATION, or COMBINED (ALL) describe message. Was sending separate SYSTEM and APPLICATION previously.
- [PR #1230] Safe Mode event was being published unconditionally introduced in 0.6.1-rc.1
- [PR #1231] [Electron] fixes double newline parser issue on G350 introduced in 428835a 0.6.1-rc.1
System Binaries (all devices) & Device Upgrader (Photon & Electron)
Programming and Debugging
You can view specific programming and debugging notes for this version of firmware here.