Device OS 1.0.1 Default Release is out on the Web IDE for Core/Photon/P1/Electron
released on production servers February 19th, 2019
Note: This is a Release and may be used for production. Any known issues are likely slated for 1.0.2-rc.1 (check Github issues). It is available by default for all devices. To use, select the 1.0.1 version dropdown from the devices drawer.
Downgrading back to a previous release info is at the bottom of this post.
Note: If you have previously last used one of the prerelease versions of 1.0.1-rc.x on a Core/Photon/P1 device, please re-flash it with 1.0.1.
Note: OTA or YModem transfer on Electron (sequence required)
- First Update to 0.5.5 (if the current version is less than that)
- Then update to 0.6.4 (if the current version is less than that)
- Then update to 0.7.0 (if the current version is less than that)
- Then update to 1.0.1
Note: DFU over USB on Electron/Photon/P1 (sequence not required)
- You may update to 1.0.1 directly first, flash the system firmware (attached above) in order 1,2(,3) to the device using
particle flash --usb <system-part.bin>. See the next note about the bootloader if you are offline!
Note: P1/Photon Bootloader
The Cloud will automatically update the bootloader on P1/Photon devices if your device is online. If your device does not connect to the cloud and it is offline, you should flash the bootloader to the device using
particle flash --serial <bootloader.bin>. This should be done after upgrading system firmware. The Electron bootloader is applied automatically from it's own system parts.
Note: Downgrading [Electron/Photon/P1] OTA or YModem transfer:
If you need to downgrade, you must downgrade to 0.7.0 and then 0.6.3(Photon/P1), 0.6.4(Electron) to ensure that the bootloader downgrades automatically. When downgrading to older versions, downgrade to 0.7.0 first, then 0.6.3(Photon/P1), 0.6.4(Electron), then to an older version such as 0.5.5.
- [LTE/Electron] Fixes software Timer()'s halting after millis() overflows (every 49.7 days) #1688
- [LTE/Electron] bug fixes and enhancements (see PR ->) #1689
- Fix Travis badge #1670
- Mojave doesn't ship with
- Bypass git dependency in build #1664
- Refactor release scripts #1687
System Binaries (all devices) & Device Upgrader (Photon & Electron)
Programming and Debugging
You can view specific programming and debugging notes for this version of firmware here.
QA Report Summary for Particle Device OS
You can view results of tests run this release here.