Device OS 1.1.0 Default Release is out on the Web IDE for Core/Photon/P1/Electron/Argon/Boron/Xenon/A SoM/B SoM/A SoM
released on production servers May 14th, 2019
Note: This is a Release and may be used for production. Any known issues are likely slated for 1.2.0-rc.1 (check Github issues). It is available by default for all devices. To use, select the 1.1.0 version dropdown from the devices drawer.
Downgrading back to a previous release info is at the bottom of this post.
Note: If you have previously last used one of the prerelease versions of 1.1.0-rc.x on a device, please re-flash it with 1.1.0.
Note: OTA or YModem transfer on Electron (sequence required)
- First Update to 0.5.5 (if the current version is less than that)
- Then update to 0.6.4 (if the current version is less than that)
- Then update to 0.7.0 (if the current version is less than that)
- Then update to 1.1.0
Note: DFU over USB on Photon/P1/Electron/Argon/Boron/Xenon/A SoM/B SoM/A SoM (sequence not required)
- You may update to 1.1.0 directly first, flash the system firmware (attached above) in order 1,2(,3) to the device using
particle flash --usb <system-part.bin>. See the next note about the bootloader if you are offline!
Note: P1/Photon Bootloader
The Cloud will automatically update the bootloader on P1/Photon devices if your device is online. If your device does not connect to the cloud and it is offline, you should flash the bootloader to the device using
particle flash --serial <bootloader.bin>. This should be done after upgrading system firmware. The Electron bootloader is applied automatically from it's own system parts.
Note: Downgrading [Photon/P1/Electron] OTA or YModem transfer:
If you need to downgrade, you must downgrade to 0.7.0 and then 0.6.3(Photon/P1), 0.6.4(Electron) to ensure that the bootloader downgrades automatically. When downgrading to older versions, downgrade to 0.7.0 first, then 0.6.3(Photon/P1), 0.6.4(Electron), then to an older version such as 0.5.5.
- [gen 3] Argon, Boron, Xenon platform Device OS
- [gen 3] Adds A SoM, B SoM and X SoM platforms (compile with PLATFORM=asom, PLATFORM=bsom, PLATFORM=xsom) to Device OS #1662
- [som] Runtime power management IC detection #1733
- [photon/p1/electron] mbedTLS updated from v2.4.2 to v2.9.0 #1700
- [electron/LTE] FreeRTOS updated from v8.2.2 to v10.0.1 #1700
- [gen 2] Binary size optimizations #1720
- Updates Tinker for all platforms #1717
- [gen 3] Adds button and RGB LED mirroring support #1590
- [boron-som] Disables system power management #1722
- [boron/LTE] Enable Cat M1-only mode and disable eDRX completely #1723
- [gen 3] QSPI flash is put into sleep mode and is deinitialized when entering STANDBY or STOP sleep mode 1725
- [gen 3] Parameter check for SPI slave mode with HAL_SPI_INTERFACE1 #1731
- [gen 3] [hal] Fixes USBSerial SOS issue when removing USB cable from battery powered device #1707
- [gen 3] Fixes A5 staying high when using Ethernet feather wing #1696
- [core] Disable system logs for Core to reduce flash space needed to build tests #1713
- [wiring] Fixed a potential (but unlikely due to bounds checking) buffer overflow in time formatting function #1712
- [electron] [G350] fixes Cellular.RSSI() issues due to unknown RAT #1721
- [gen 3] Fixes a deadlock in
i2c_halwhen exiting the sleep mode 1725
- [gen 3] Fixes issues in USB and WCID descriptors preventing Control Interface from working correctly on Windows platforms #1736
- [bootloader] SysTick needs to be disabled in Reset_System() on Gen 2 platforms #1741
- [boron] Workaround for SARA R4 ppp session getting broken and system power manager fix #1726
- Fixes system power manager re-enabling charging every 1s with a battery connected (now every 60s) #1726
- [photon/p1] Fixes 802.11n-only mode regression in 0.7.0 ~ 1.1.0-rc.1 #1755
- [gen 3] Updates embedded bootloader, fixes hardfault after hard reset when sleeping #1756
- Update release.sh parameter handling #1690
- Adds missing Device OS release tests #1698
- [gen 3] Fixes TEST=wiring/no_fixture #1694
- [gen 3] Add Gen 3 platforms to Device OS build scripts #1714
- [docs] Fix
brew install gcc-arm-none-eabi-53formula #1708
- [docs] Fixes recent merge issues with
- [ci] Build time optimizations #1712
- [ci] disables shallow submodule checkouts #1735
- [docs] for the check and scope guard macros #1734
- [hal] Correct ADC channel number for SoM #1739
- [photon/p1] crypto: re-enables MD5 for TLS (WPA Enterprise) #1743
- [gen 3] Fix/wiring tests #1719
- Remove the message "External flash is not supported" from Gen 3 builds #1751
- Do not fail the build if PARTICLE_DEVELOP is not defined #1750
- [gen 3] Fixes a build system issue that caused object files to be created outside build directory #1754
- [gen 3] Rename SoM platform names
System Binaries (all devices) & Device Upgrader (Photon & Electron)
Programming and Debugging
You can view specific programming and debugging notes for this version of firmware here.
QA Report Summary for Particle Device OS
You can view results of tests run this release here.