Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
- system-part1-0.6.1-electron.bin 51.4 KB
- system-part1-0.6.1-p1.bin 250 KB
- system-part1-0.6.1-photon.bin 250 KB
- system-part2-0.6.1-electron.bin 122 KB
- system-part2-0.6.1-p1.bin 210 KB
- system-part2-0.6.1-photon.bin 210 KB
- system-part3-0.6.1-electron.bin 112 KB
- tinker-0.6.1-core.bin 95.2 KB
- Source code (zip)
- Source code (tar.gz)
Firmware 0.6.1 release is out on the Web IDE for Core/Photon/P1/Electron
released on production servers March 1, 2017
⚠️Please Note: The bootloader on Electron/Photon/P1 will update to v11 automatically with this update. Make sure your device is connected to a stable power source and do not remove power until after the device reboots and is running. It happens so quickly right after the device resets and boots that you won't notice any special RGB LED signaling for this.
Note: This is a Release and may be used for production. Any known issues are likely slated for 0.7.0-rc.1 (check Github issues). It is available by default for all devices. To use, select the 0.6.1 version dropdown from the devices drawer.
Note: If you have previously last used one of the prerelease versions of 0.6.1 on a Core/Photon/P1 device, please re-flash it with 0.6.1. You must upgrade (locally preferred) the Electron system firmware to 0.6.1 first before you can OTA new user apps.
Note: You must update your Electron to (v0.5.3, v0.5.3-rc.2, or v0.5.3-rc.3) first before attempting to use OTA or YModem transfer to update to v0.6.0. If you use DFU over USB, you can update to v0.6.1 directly, but make sure you have installed v1.20.1 of the CLI first.
Note: As a Product in the Console, when flashing a >= 0.6.0 user app, Electrons can now Safe Mode Heal from < 0.5.3 to >= 0.6.0 firmware. This will consume about 500KB of data as it has to transfer two 0.5.3 system parts and three >= 0.6.0 system parts. Devices will not automatically update system firmware if not added as a Product in Console.
0.6.1 Changelog (same as v0.6.1-rc.2)
- [PR #1190] [Implements #1114] [Docs] Added ability to mirror MODE/SETUP button to any GPIO, available from time of boot, active high or low.
- [PR #1182] [Fixes #687] [Docs] Added
Cellular.set|getListenTimeout()to override the automatic new Listening Mode timeout (Wi-Fi = no timeout by default, Cellular = 5 minute timeout by default).
- [PR #1154] [Docs] Added
low_batterysystem event, which is generated when low battery condition is detected. This is when the battery falls below the SoC threshold (default 10%, max settable 32%). The event can only be generated again if the system goes from a non-charging to charing state after the event is generated. The event doesn't carry any data.
- [PR #1144] [Docs] Added tracking of ACKs for published events (see
- [PR #1135] [Fixes #1116] [Fixes #965] [Docs] New Time API's!
- [PR #1127] [PR #1213] Added support for runtime logging configuration, which allows to enable logging on already running system via USB control requests. Disabled by default to save flash memory space. (note: this feature is not fully baked with tool support)
- [PR #1120] [Implements #1059]
[P1][Docs] [Pinout] Added extra spare pin to P1 (P1S6) with GPIO and PWM support.
- [PR #1204] [Implements #1113] [Docs] RGB LED pins can be mirrored to other PWM capable pins via
RGB.mirrorTo(). Common Anode/Cathode LED and Bootloader compatible. See PR for usage.
- [PR #1205] [Closes #569] [Closes #976] [Closes #1111] [Docs] By implementing a centralized LED service and theme "engine" for system LED signaling, giving users the ability to apply custom LED colors and patterns for system events.
- [PR #1225]
[Photon/P1/Electron][Docs] Added support for custom LED colors in bootloader v11 (Safe Mode, DFU Mode, Firmware Reset).
- [PR #1227] [Implements #961]
[Electron][Docs] Added new API for hostname IP address lookup
IPAddress ip = Cellular.resolve(hostname)
- [PR #1191] Added more Arduino Library compatibility
- [PR #1188] [Implements #1152] [Docs] Added SPI API's:
- [PR #1169] Updated system communication logging with new logging API
- [PR #1160] [Electron] Modem USART paused via HW_FLOW_CONTROL (RTS) before going into sleep with SLEEP_NETWORK_STANDBY. Receives and buffers small messages while system sleeping.
- [PR #1159] [Closes #1085] [Closes #1054] Added support for GCC 5.4.x
- [PR #1151] [Closes #977] [Docs] Added System events for cloud/network connection state changes
- [PR #1122] Attach to host even if Serial, USBSerial1 and Keyboard/Mouse are disabled, so that "Control Interface" that receives vendor requests is still accessible.
- [PR #1097] [Implements #1032] When flashing (OTA/YModem) an invalid firmware binary (that the device ignores) it will post an event describing why the binary was not applied.
- [PR #1203] [PR #1212] Automatic bootloader updates have returned to the Electron. v9 bootloader has been added to firmware release >=0.6.1-rc.1 for Photon/P1/Electron. After updating your system firmware, a new v9 bootloader will be applied to your device if required. v9 includes support for SETUP/MODE button and RGB LED mirroring at the bootloader level of operation. Also included are updates to USB DFU mode so that Windows users do not need to install separate drivers via Zadig. Bootloader GREEN and WHITE LED flashing speeds (Firmware Reset modes) are faster now as well (you won't see these unless you have loaded user firmware to the Backup location). Note: this release 0.6.1 includes all of these changes as v11 which fixed some bugs in v9.
- [PR #1125] Breaks on-going network connection when Sleep stop mode is called, thereby speeding up the time to entering sleep when using SYSTEM_THREAD(ENABLED).
- [PR #1216] Improved Arduino Compatibility (now supported by default, added PARTICLE_NO_ARDUINO_COMPATIBILITY=y command line option for disabling)
- [PR #1217] [Docs] Added Windows, Mac command, & Unix/Linux meta USB keyboard scancode definitions.
- [PR #1224] Allow the compiler to garbage collect USBKeyboard and USBMouse implementations if they are not used in user code, saving flash space.
- [PR #1225] [Photon/P1/Electron] Combined
LEDCustomStatusinto a single class ->
- [PR #1186] Fixed issue where USB
Serialmight deadlock when interrupts are disabled while using
- [PR #1179] [Fixes #1178] [Fixes #1060] [Electron] Bootloader build was failing, fixed and added to CI.
- [PR #1158] [Fixes #1133] [Electron] Before sleeping, now waits for server sent confirmable messages to be acknowledged, in addition to previous behavior of device generated confirmable messages being acknowledged. Reduces data usage.
- [PR #1156] [Fixes #1155] System.sleep(30) wasn't reapplying power to the network device after set time.
- [PR #1147]
[Electron][Docs] Fixed approx. -0.1V offset on FuelGauge().getVCell() readings
- [PR #1145] [Fixes #973]
loop()from running until
truein single threaded SEMI_AUTOMATIC mode.
- [PR #1140] [Fixes #1138] [Fixes #1104] [Electron] Fixed modem USART and buffer handling
- [PR #1130] Particle.subscribe() used with same events but changing scope between PUBLIC and PRIVATE or vice versa would potentially result in non-registered subscriptions. This was also crashing the GCC virtual device with a segfault when subscription checksums were calculated.
- [PR #1222] Fixed bug in
String(const char* str, int len)constructor when the string is longer than the specified length.
- [PR #1226] [Fixes #1181] [Photon/P1/Core] Process TCP
DESCRIBEproperly and return only one response, SYSTEM, APPLICATION, or COMBINED (ALL) describe message. Was sending separate SYSTEM and APPLICATION previously.
- [PR #1196] Re-enable GNU extensions for libc globally. Fixes build with ARM GCC 4.9.3 Q1.
- [PR #1189] Typo caused a warning during compilation in wiring/no_fixture Cellular tests.
- [PR #1184] [Electron] moved cellular HAL and its direct dependencies from module 2 to module 3 to free up space (this is system-part3 was reduced in size, while system-part1 was increased)
- [PR #1167] [Fixes #1036] [GCC Virtual Device] workaround for 100% CPU usage problem.
- [PR #1146] [Closes #1040] Added asserts for checking that network calls are run on system thread.
- [PR #1134] [GCC Virtual Device] Error in socket_hal's socket_receive() logic caused random cloud connection errors.
System Binaries (all devices) & Device Upgrader (Photon & Electron)
Programming and Debugging
You can view specific programming and debugging notes for this version of firmware here.