The Docker extension makes it easy to build, manage and deploy containerized applications from Visual Studio Code.
.dockerignorefile generation (Press
F1and search for
Docker: Add Docker files to Workspace)
- Syntax highlighting, hover tips, IntelliSense (completions) for
- Linting (errors and warnings) for
- Command Palette (
F1) integration for the most common Docker commands (for example
docker push, etc.)
- Explorer integration for managing images, containers, registries, and more
- Deploy images from a registry directly to Azure App Service
- Debug .NET Core applications running in Linux Docker containers
- This package requires Visual Studio Code 1.2.0 or newer. You can install either the vscode or vscode-insiders package.
- The extension will be installed in any edition of Visual Studio Code which can be found.
- The package always installs the latest version of the extension. The version of the Chocolatey package does not reflect the version of the extension.