App that helps you play the Wordament game for WP/iOS. Here is a video demonstrating the way it works.
- Firstly, you have to install
tesseract-ocrin Ubuntu's repos) and
OpenCV(Ubuntu installation guide is here) (make sure that
pkg-config --libs opencvprints some filenames)
git clone https://github.com/passick/wordament-solver.git
- Put your phone with the launched game session near the webcam and wait until the letters will get recognized.
- Press any key to capture the image and let the app find all the words.
- This app was tested only with the default wordament color scheme. Some problems may occur with different schemes.
- Either/Or cells recognition has not been tested.
- Number of words found is usually a little bit smaller than what wordament suggests. I blame the differences in my wordlist and wordament's wordlist.
- This app has only been tested on Ubuntu 13.04. I am almost 100% sure that it won't work on Windows.
- Add GUI
- Make robot for fully automatic gameplay (xD)
Acknowledgements and link
squares.cppexample from OpenCV for giving me a headstart
- How to integrate Tesseract OCR and OpenCV
- Automatic perspective correction for quadrilateral objects
- Detecting simple shapes in an image