Clone this wiki locally
Tools for the Reverser
Most of the tools a pscnv/nouveau dev need are stored in the envytools repo(git://github.com/pathscale/envytools.git).
- demmio -- reads a raw mmio trace and turns into something way more readable.
- dedma -- reads a renouveau or valgrind-mmt trace and decodes the methods.
- headergen -- generates C header files with macros for registers/methods.
- nvbios -- Parses a vbios and show useful information out of it. Meant for vbios developers.
- envydis -- disassembler for various ISAs embedded in nvidia GPUs
- envyas -- assembler for the same ISAs
- nvalist -- list nvidia cards in the system
- nvapeek -- Read the value of a register
- nvapoke -- Write a value to a register
The dependencies of these tools are: libpciaccess, libxml2, flex, bison, cmake (you will also need the -dev packages).