Fogata is an open source group chat. Basically, Fogata is an open source Campfire clone.
- Gravatar support
- User identities through omniauth (currently supporting omniauth-google_oauth2 strategy)
- Twitter Bootstrap!
- Emoji support, following emoji-cheat-sheet
- URL conversion support (if you write http://google.com it turns to http://google.com)
- ... and many more to come!
- Clone the repo
git clone email@example.com:patriciomacadden/fogata.git
bundle installto install the dependencies
- Configure your databases in
- Configure where you will run the faye process in
config/private_pub.yml(using private_pub, of course)
bundle exec rake db:createto create the database
bundle exec rake db:migrateto create the database schema
foreman startto start the background processes
rails serverto start the rails server
- Visit localhost:3000 to start using Fogata!
- Fork it.
- Create a branch (
git checkout -b my_awesome_branch)
- Commit your changes (
git commit -am "Added some magic")
- Push to the branch (
git push origin my_awesome_branch)
- Send pull request
- See who's online
- Transcript (messages by day)
- Search the transcript
- Authorization (by now any user can do anything)
- API (maybe using grape?)
- Themeable interface (maybe using themes_for_rails?)
- Improve tests
Copyright (c) 2012 Patricio Mac Adden
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.