Join GitHub today
Official and Community PatternEngines
Listed below are all the PatternEngines that Pattern Lab Node maintainers host as part of the organization, or that the community has created and shared back.
Official Node PatternEngines
- Mustache PatternEngine - default PatternEngine
- Handlebars PatternEngine
- Underscore PatternEngine
- Liquid PatternEngine - alpha
- Nunjucks PatternEngine - alpha
- React PatternEngine - alpha / help wanted
- Twig PatternEngine - alpha / help wanted
Want to see your PatternEngine here? Open an issue today!
What are PatternEngines Again?
PatternEngines are part of the Pattern Lab Ecosystem
This is a good place to mention that not all PatternEngines are created equal. For example, Handlebars supports many of the features built into Pattern Lab needed to make Mustache more powerful, like Pattern Parameters. Therefore, PatternEngines should describe their featureset.
Example from Handlebars:
- Hidden Patterns
- Pattern States
- Pattern Parameters (Accomplished instead using native Handlebars partial arguments)
- Style Modifiers (Accomplished instead using native Handlebars partial arguments)
You can read more about migrating to a different PatternEngine here: Working with PatternEngines