1930 is a multiplayer quiz game (similar to ConQUIZtador), but more massive, urgent, and eternal.
This is the prealpha version so I'm not running it yet on my web site.
Running it: the shortest version
You need Java and Python installed.
Run the WebSocket server:
java -jar build/server/server.jar
Start the HTTP server:
cd build/client python -m SimpleHTTPServer 7777
On Unix systems run this to start everything for testing purposes:
Now go to localhost:7777.
- Java installed to run the WebSockets game server.
- Python to run the build scripts.
- A HTTP server to serve the client files. This is optional, you can use Python instead.
The configuration file is
config.json. You might want to change:
- websocketAddress: Where you run the java websocket server. Leave to
- websocketPort: The port for it.
- copyHttpFilesTo: This is the location where your webserver will serve the
null, the files will be just in
Build the WebSocket server and construct the HTTP files. Run:
There are 3 HTTP files build modes:
- simple: Join the files into one and perform simple optimizations with Google Closure.
- advanced: The same with advanced optimizations. Sadly this doesn't work now.
The map data is in
data/map.json. This includes the SVG paths for the
territories, their neighbors, names, etc.
I'll probably add other countries (real or otherwise) in the future.
I'm not sure if I can make my question data files public so I don't include them here. I will give them to you if you ask me privately.
The question files are
data/number-answers. They are
in a simple text format and only contain two bogus questions there.
Start the WebSocket server:
java -jar build/server.jar
Check the HTTP server. If you don't have one running just use Python for testing. Run:
cd build/http-files python -m SimpleHTTPServer 7777
and then go to localhost:7777.