This project is a way to use Apache thrift with YARP.
How to compile
git clone git://github.com/paulfitz/yarp_thrift.git cd yarp_thrift git submodule update --init mkdir build && cd build && cmake .. && make
If you have the Thrift source tree, you can skip the submodule
step and set the
Two programs are created:
- tcc - a copy of the thrift compiler, with a YARP generator added
- test_demo - a test of YARP communication (start YARP nameserver before running this)
thriftdirectory should contain an unmodified, unconfigured checkout of the Apache thrift source code.
compilerdirectory contains the CMake logic to compile the thrift compiler, while adding in an extra generator to the set of generators thrift already has.
yarpdirectory contains some helper classes that are candidates for going into YARP trunk.
testsdirectory has material for some basic tests that compilation was ok.
demodirectory shows how Thrift may be used with YARP.
demo/demo.thriftdefines an example structure and service.
demo/demo.cppuses the compiled classes to send some test messages over YARP.
- The generated classes are not checked in, they will appear in
- Full coverage of types is needed (currently there's just enough for a demo).
- Generated classes should be split into .h and .cpp.
- Implementation is function dispatching should be done efficiently.