Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
2.0.0 is the first major release since this script debuted.
Just since this spring,
git open saw some massive improvements:
👍 Features & improvements
- A complete test suite, handling all the edge cases reported over the years
- A brand new implementation, made generic and simple
- Support for Visual Studio Team Services and Team Foundation Server added. (
git opennow supports 8 different repo hosts!)
git open --issue(or
-i) extracts any numbers in the branch name and opens the issue link
- Help text available with
git open -h
- Configuration for default remote added
- Windows Subsystem for Linux is supported
⚠️ Breaking changes
Be aware there are two breaking changes:
git open issueis now
git open -ior
git open --issue
- If you had any
gitopen.gitlab.domainconfiguration, you'll need to migrate it to the new generic config.
If you've installed
git open with NPM, upgrade with
npm install --global git-open
Otherwise, all the other documented installation mechanisms work great.
HUGE thanks to everyone for their time and attention.
Big shoutouts to @derimagia, @ffes, @ethomson, @lovef and all the others for your thoughtful contributions. This has been a really fun project to collaborate on.
If you've forgotten, this is
git open in action: