Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Clone this wiki locally
HexUploader is a little Mac app that I, Paul Kaplan, have been writing in my spare time to make it easier to upload .hex files to your arduino. It is designed specifically to make it easier to re-flash or upgrade GRBL, the motion control software for the Shapeoko CNC project.
Side note: this is a completely independent project that isn't supported by Inventables. This isn't supported by our customer support team, so if you have any questions send them right to me!
How to use it
- Download the app
- If you don't already have it, you'll need to download the Arduino IDE.
- Grab the version of GRBL you want to flash. You can either build it from the source, or get one of the official releases.
- Connect your Arduino.
- Select the type of Arduino and choose the port.
- Click "Upload a Hex File" and select the grbl.hex file from step 3.
- Done! You should see some text flash by as the hex file is uploaded, ending in "Success!" or similar.