- Lightweight architecture
- Realtime publish and subscribe system (post autoload)
- REST API with XML, YAML and JSON serializers
- Advanced post validation tools including tripcodes
- Markdown support with code highlighting
- Post search
- Answer maps & previews
- Customizable styles
- Advanced moderation and administration tools
- Mobile and smartphone versions
- Wakaba database converter
- You'll need Python 2.7 to run chieftain.
- Redis or Memcached
- GeoIP C API: http://geolite.maxmind.com/download/geoip/api/c/GeoIP-1.4.8.tar.gz.
- (optional) GeoIP datasets
- All python dependencies are listed in the file pip-req.txt and can be installed with command pip install -r pip-req.txt.
python manage.py syncdbto fill database with base data.
python manage.py runserverand
python pubsub.py. It would start django & tornado webservers.
- You're done!
The MIT License.
Copyright (c) Paul Miller (http://paulmillr.com)
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.