Chokidar 1.7.0 (May 8, 2017)
Chokidar 1.6.0 (Jun 22, 2016)
- Add ability to force interval value by setting CHOKIDAR_INTERVAL env
- Fix issue with
.close() being called before
Chokidar 1.5.2 (Jun 7, 2016)
- Added ability for force
usePolling mode by setting
Chokidar 1.5.1 (May 20, 2016)
- Fix missing
addDir events when using
- Fix missing
add events for files within a renamed directory
Chokidar 1.5.0 (May 10, 2016)
- To help prevent exhaustion of FSEvents system limitations, consolidate watch
instances to the common parent upon detection of separate watch instances on
Chokidar 1.4.3 (Feb 26, 2016)
- Make debounce delay setting used with
atomic: true user-customizable
- Fixes and improvements to
Chokidar 1.4.2 (Dec 30, 2015)
- Update async-each dependency to ^1.0.0
Chokidar 1.4.1 (Dec 9, 2015)
- Now correctly emitting
Chokidar 1.4.0 (Dec 3, 2015)
- The watcher could now be correctly subclassed with ES6 class syntax.
Chokidar 1.3.0 (Nov 18, 2015)
.getWatched() method, exposing all file system entries being watched
awaitWriteFinish methodology to
change events (in addition to
- Fix handling of symlinks within glob paths (#293)
unlinkDir events under globs (#337, #401)
- Fix issues with
.unwatch() (#374, #403)
Chokidar 1.2.0 (Oct 1, 2015)
awaitWriteFinish option behavior
- Fix some
cwd option behavior on Windows
cwd are now compatible
- Fix some race conditions.
- #379: Recreating deleted directory doesn't trigger event
- When adding a previously-deleted file, emit 'add', not 'change'
Chokidar 1.1.0 (Sep 23, 2015)
- Allow nested arrays of paths to be provided to
Chokidar 1.0.6 (Sep 18, 2015)
- Dependency updates including email@example.com, improving installation
Chokidar 1.0.5 (Jul 20, 2015)
- Fix issue with
.unwatch() method and relative paths
Chokidar 1.0.4 (Jul 15, 2015)
- Fix regression with regexes/fns using in
Chokidar 1.0.3 (Jun 4, 2015)
- Fix bug with
ignored files/globs while
cwd option is set
Chokidar 1.0.2 (May 30, 2015)
- Fix race issue with
alwaysStat option and removed files
Chokidar 1.0.1 (Apr 8, 2015)
- Fix bug with absolute paths and ENAMETOOLONG error
Chokidar 1.0.0 (Apr 7, 2015)
- Fix bug with
.close() method in
fs.watch mode with
Chokidar 0.12.6 (Jan 6, 2015)
- Glob support! Use globs in
- Comprehensive symlink support
unwatch method to turn off watching of previously watched paths
- More flexible
ignored option allowing regex, function, glob, or array
courtesy of anymatch
cwd option to set base dir from which relative paths are derived
depth option for limiting recursion
alwaysStat option to ensure
fs.Stats gets passed
with every add/change event
ready event emitted when initial fs tree scan is done and watcher is
ready for changes
raw event exposing data and events from the lower-level watch modules
followSymlinks option to impact whether symlinks' targets or the symlink
files themselves are watched
atomic option for normalizing artifacts from text editors that use
atomic write methods
- Ensured watcher's stability with lots of bugfixes.
Chokidar 0.12.5 (Dec 17, 2014)
- Fix bug which breaks
persistent: false mode when change events occur
Chokidar 0.12.4 (Dec 14, 2014)
- Fix bug with matching parent path detection for fsevents instance sharing
- Fix bug with ignored watch path in nodefs modes
Chokidar 0.12.3 (Dec 13, 2014)
- Fix bug in
fs.watch mode that caused watcher to leak into
- Fix bug preventing ready event when there are symlinks to ignored paths
Chokidar 0.12.2 (Dec 12, 2014)
- Fix handling of special files such as named pipes and sockets
Chokidar 0.12.1 (Dec 10, 2014)
- Fix recursive symlink handling and some other path resolution problems
Chokidar 0.12.0 (Dec 8, 2014)
- Fix a case where file symlinks were not followed properly
Chokidar 0.11.1 (Nov 19, 2014)
- Symlink support
followSymlinks option, which defaults to
- Change default watch mode on Linux to non-polling
atomic option to normalize events from editors using atomic writes
- Particularly Vim and Sublime
raw event which exposes data from the underlying watch method
Chokidar 0.11.0 (Nov 16, 2014)
- Fix a bug where an error is thrown when
fs.watch instantiation fails
Chokidar 0.10.9 (Nov 15, 2014)
- Add a
ready event, which is emitted after initial file scan completes
- Fix issue with options keys passed in defined as
- Rename some internal
FSWatcher properties to indicate they're private
Chokidar 0.10.8 (Nov 14, 2014)
- Fix some leftover issues from adding watcher reuse
Chokidar 0.10.7 (Nov 14, 2014)
- Remove accidentally committed/published
- Sry 'bout that 😿
Chokidar 0.10.6 (Nov 12, 2014)
- Apply watcher reuse methodology to
fs.watchFile as well
Chokidar 0.10.5 (Nov 6, 2014)
- More efficient creation/reuse of FSEvents instances to avoid system limits
- Reduce simultaneous FSEvents instances allowed in a process
- Handle errors thrown by
fs.watch upon invocation
Chokidar 0.10.4 (Nov 5, 2014)
- Limit number of simultaneous FSEvents instances (fall back to other methods)
- Prevent some cases of EMFILE errors during initialization
- Fix ignored files emitting events in some fsevents-mode circumstances
Chokidar 0.10.3 (Oct 28, 2014)
- Bump fsevents dependency to ~0.3.1
- Should resolve build warnings and
npm rebuild on non-Macs
Chokidar 0.10.2 (Oct 23, 2014)
- Fix removed dir emitting as
unlink instead of
- Fix issues with file changing to dir or vice versa (gh-165)
- Fix handling of
ignored option in fsevents mode
Chokidar 0.10.1 (19 October 2014)
- Improve individual file watching
- Fix fsevents keeping process alive when
Chokidar 0.10.0 (Oct 18, 2014)
- Improve handling of text editor atomic writes
Chokidar 0.9.0 (Sep 25, 2014)
- Many stability and consistency improvements
- Resolve many cases of duplicate or wrong events
- Correct for fsevents inconsistencies
- Standardize handling of errors and relative paths
- Fix issues with watching
Chokidar 0.8.2 (Mar 26, 2014)
- Updated fsevents to 0.3
- Update per-system defaults
- Fix issues with closing chokidar instance
- Fix duplicate change events on win32
Chokidar 0.8.1 (Dec 16, 2013)
- Fixed npm issues related to fsevents dep.
- Updated fsevents to 0.2.
Chokidar 0.8.0 (Nov 29, 2013)
- Optional deps are now truly optional on windows and
- Rewritten in JS, again.
- Fixed some FSEvents-related bugs.
Chokidar 0.7.1 (Nov 18, 2013)
- Added ultra-fast low-CPU OS X file watching with FSEvents.
It is enabled by default.
- Polling is now disabled by default on all platforms.
Chokidar 0.7.0 (Oct 22, 2013)
Watcher#close now also removes all event listeners.
Chokidar 0.6.3 (Aug 12, 2013)
options.ignored is two-argument function, it will
also be called after stating the FS, with
unlink is no longer emitted on directories.
Chokidar 0.6.2 (Mar 19, 2013)
usePolling option (default:
false, chokidar will use
fs.watch as backend.
fs.watch is much faster, but not like super reliable.
Chokidar 0.6.1 (Mar 19, 2013)
- Fixed watching initially empty directories with
Chokidar 0.6.0 (Mar 10, 2013)
- Added node.js 0.10 support.
Chokidar 0.5.3 (Jan 13, 2013)
- File attributes (stat()) are now passed to
change events as second
- Changed default polling interval for binary files to 300ms.
Chokidar 0.5.2 (Jan 13, 2013)
- Removed emitting of
change events before
Chokidar 0.5.1 (Jan 6, 2013)
- Removed postinstall script to prevent various npm bugs.
Chokidar 0.5.0 (Dec 9, 2012)
- When starting to watch non-existing paths, chokidar will no longer throw
- Fixed bug with absolute path.
Chokidar 0.4.0 (Jul 26, 2012)
- Added a bunch of new options:
ignoreInitial that allows to ignore initial
ignorePermissionErrors that allows to ignore ENOENT etc perm errors.
binaryInterval that allow to change default
fs polling intervals.
Chokidar 0.3.0 (Jun 24, 2012)
all event that receives two args (event name and path) that combines
- Switched to
fs.watchFile on node.js 0.8 on windows.
- Files are now correctly unwatched after unlink.
Chokidar 0.2.6 (Jun 8, 2012)
unlink event are no longer emitted for directories, for consistency with
Chokidar 0.2.5 (Jun 8, 2012)
- Prevented creating of duplicate 'add' events.
Chokidar 0.2.4 (Jun 7, 2012)
- Fixed a bug when new files in new directories hadn't been added.
Chokidar 0.2.3 (May 12, 2012)
- Fixed a bug when unlinked files emitted events after unlink.
Chokidar 0.2.2 (May 4, 2012)
Chokidar 0.2.1 (May 4, 2012)
- Fixed watching of files on windows.
Chokidar 0.2.0 (May 4, 2012)
Chokidar 0.1.1 (Apr 26, 2012)
- Fixed invalid API bug when using
Chokidar 0.1.0 (Apr 20, 2012)
- Changed api to
- Fixed compilation on windows.
- Initial release, extracted from