Solarized colors for Qt Creator
See Ethan's Solarized page for the background information.
At this point only code editor's colors are affected. If you've installed apple-colorpalette-solarized you can choose compatible color for gui gradients, but most gui widgets and dialogs are unaffected by this choice.
On some platforms (Linux?) Qt style can be controlled by
~/.config/Trolltech.conf file, in which case you might find gist by
booiiing (Patric Schenke) useful.
Apparently, Qt Creator:
- ignores some of the attributes (e.g.
- derives extra colors from the style (for example for the backgrounds of nested blocks)
- derives gradients from some colors (e.g.
Occurences). I haven't found a way to control all aspects of these elements. I let Qt Creator control the color of
Occurences.Renameand (in the light style) of
- composes the gradients / backgrounds in some cases which makes the result differ from style color. This makes the current line background lighter then expected, for example.
- different types of background highlight which keep the thext color, mean I had to deviate from the canonical solarized.
I use light theme myself, dark one will probably have more issued at any given time.
Linux / Mac OS X
ln solarized-*.xml ~/.config/Nokia/qtcreator/styles
cp solarized-*.xml ~/.config/Nokia/qtcreator/styles
to install styles.
On Windows XP styles should go to:
Documents and Settings\<user name>\Application Data\Nokia\qtcreator\styles
On Windows 7: