Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Clone this wiki locally
General Tips for debugging UrlRewriteFilter
Because every java web project is slightly different, debugging can be difficult. Try to:
- Turn on debug logging (see filter params in manual).
- Simplify the problem as much as possible. Perhaps make a new web application without other filters/servlets, try and replicate the problem there.
- Use an HTTP debugger (such as fiddler) to check that what you think is happening really is.
If you think you have found a bug:
- Read the source
- Write a unit test that proves the bug, this reduce the amount of time it will take to fix the bug.
- See issues list and add a new issue if necessary