Multi Script Editor v2.0.4
This is a cross application, cross platform and open source Python editor, which can be run as a standalone application or embedded in another application. The main purpose for integration - the ability to script in Python.
- Preserve and load of tabs and code in them
- Interactive execute of the selected code by pressing Ctrl + Enter
- Adjust the color theme of the code editor
- Code completion (module jedi)
- Context completion for different functions like existing nodes and path in scene
Existing integration modules
- Houdini 13-17
- Nuke 8-10
- Maya 2014-2017
- 3DsMax 2014-2017
RV Integration in nebukadhezer branch
If necessary, you can extend this to make your own integration module. The main pre condition - Should be used Python2.7.
- Code completion for all modules and return types (remastered hou library)
- Context completion for functions CreateNode, CreateInputNode and CreateOutputNode with existing houdini node types
- Context completion string for absolute houdini internal path and node parameters. To use this complete start string with "/ or '/
- Drag&Drop Houdini nodes and parameters fills in their path. Use Alt modifier to wrap node or parameter as code like in Houdini Python Shell.
- Reading and writing to PythonSOP code and asset sections
- Code completion for all modules and return types (remastered nuke library)
- Context completion for createNode with existing Nuke node types
- Context completion for function toNode with existing nodes in current script
- Converting selected nodes to code with function nuke.toNode
- Searching and converting nodes to code from clipboard
- Reading and writing from PythonKnobs code
- Save code to shelf and accept dropped shelf button code, like default Maya script editor
- Drag&Drop Maya nodes fills in their names. Use Alt modifier to wrap node as code. Import PyMEL before doing this!
- Context completion for function PyNode with existing nodes in current scene
- Context completion for function pm.createNode and cmds.createNode with existing Maya node types
- Works for now...
How to install
You can use single module installation for each case. Just extract module
to somewhere (no spaces and non ascii characters in path) and add this path to PYTHONPATH before start your app.
Add this path to PYTHONPATH environment variable
os.environ['PYTHONPATH'] = '/home/username/myscripts'
Do this for each app.
This project is licensed under the MIT License