Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
Changes since v2.2.0:
- Added more versioning properties: pav:hasVersion, pav:hasCurrentVersion, pav:hasEarlierVersion
- Subproperty relations to prov:alternateOf, prov:specializationOf, prov:generalizationOf, dct:hasVersion
- Ontology metadata adds
owl:priorVersionand new contributors.
- HTML: Updated diagram to show versioning
Changes since v2.1.2:
- DC Terms subproperties introduced:
dcterms:creator(creation of content)
dcterms:creator(creation of representation)
dcterms:contributor(contribution of content)
- Avoids OWL import of http://purl.org/dc/terms/ - instead includes property definitions of the above
- Remaining properties still mapped to DCTerms in SKOS
- Description for date properties like
pav:createdOnexplain how to form an
xsd:dateTimewhen time is unknown
- Descriptions have clarified intended functionality, e.g. pav:authoredBy indicate the last authoring date.
- Examples in descriptions further clarify the distinction between creation of representation and authoring of content.
owl:isDefinedBy <http://purl.org/pav/>for PAV terms
- HTML documentation includes hierarchy of referenced PROV and DCTerms superproperties, but not their labels (making it clear that they are not defined by PAV), see for example prov:wasRevisionOf
Changes since v2.1.0:
- Link to overview diagram
- Modified descriptions for pav:importedFrom to clarify that the translated knowledge does not need to be complete
- A SKOS mapping for: dcterms; uses PAV in SKOS. This mapping is also described as a VoID dataset.
Changes since v2.0:
- Sub-property mapping to PROV-O. Note that PROV-O is not imported by PAV, so you may import http://www.w3.org/ns/prov#, for instance to get the inferred domains and ranges from PROV.
- Includes introduction about PAV ontology
- Descriptions of properties are elaborated with examples and relationships to each other
- Backward compatibility with PAV 1.2 terms indicated using
owl:equivalentProperty(Note that the ontology itself is
owl:incompatibleWith, because several PAV 1 properties have changed names or are organized in a flatter hierarchy).
pav:curatesmarked as deprecated, use its inverse pav:curatedBy
owl:versionIRIdoes now does NOT end in a
/- this is to avoid confusion between the
versionIRIand the namespace (which stays unchanged).
- HTML representation of ontology, made using LODE
- OWL-file includes a little XSLT stylesheet so that accessing http://purl.org/pav/ in a browser will give links to the above HTML documentation
- The individual URIs in the PAV namespace - like http://purl.org/pav/authoredBy - redirect to the OWL ontology
- PAV module from the SWAN ontology 1.2
|Namespace||versionIRI / OWL||Documentation|
- Initial release independent from SWAN
- New namespace http://purl.org/pav/
- Terms removed: acceptedOn, authors, contributors, curators, importedFirstOn, importedLastOn, importedWithId, lastUpdateBy, publishedBy, publishedOn, sourceFirstAccessedOn, submittedBy, submittedOn
- Terms renamed: importedFromSource->importedFrom, versionNumber->version
- Terms added: authoredOn, contributedOn, createdAt, createdWith, curatedOn, curates, derivedFrom, lastRefreshedOn, providedBy, retrievedBy, retrievedFrom, retrievedOn, sourceAccessedBy
Note that during development of PAV 2.0, the ontology was split into three modules (with a common namespace): provenance authoring and versioning - but these modules were later merged to the single PAV ontology. For backward-compatibility, these module
versionIRIs now simply import the whole PAV ontology.