Welcome to json:api's documentation!
This documentation is in development and not updated frequently. Check tests and raise issue or question if you have any.
.. toctree:: :maxdepth: 3 resource.rst
Requires: Django (1.6, 1.7); python (2.7, 3.3).
pip install jsonapi
Create resource for model, register it with api and use it within urls!
# resources.py from jsonapi.api import API from jsonapi.resource import Resource api = API() @api.register class AuthorResource(Resource): class Meta: model = 'testapp.author' # urls.py from .resources import api urlpatterns = patterns( '', url(r'^api', include(api.urls)) )
REST anti patterns http://www.infoq.com/articles/rest-anti-patterns
What makes a decent API Framework? These features:
- + Pagination
- + Posting of data with validation
- + Publishing of metadata along with querysets
- + API discovery
- Proper HTTP response handling
- + Serialization
- + Authentication
Proper API frameworks also need:
- Really good test coverage of their code
- Decent performance
- An active community to advance and support the framework
- Resource definition
- Resource and Models discovery
curl -v -H "Content-Type: application/vnd.api+json" 127.0.0.1:8000/api/author