xUnit.net is a free, open source, community-focused unit testing tool for the .NET Framework. Written by the original inventor of NUnit v2, xUnit.net is the latest technology for unit testing C#, F#, VB.NET and other .NET languages. Works with ReSharper, CodeRush, and TestDriven.NET. xUnit.net is part of the ASP.NET Open Source Gallery under the Outercurve Foundation. It is licensed under the Apache 2 license, which is approved by the OSI.
Continuous integration builds are available online via TeamCity.
For information on contributing to xUnit.net, see xUnit.net Governance.
Resharper support is provided by the xUnit.net Contrib project.
CodeRush Test Runner support is provided by DevExpress.
The xUnit.net logo was designed by Nathan Young.
The TeamCity server is sponsored by Tier 3.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why did we build xUnit.net?
- How does xUnit.net compare to other .NET testing frameworks?
- Why does Resharper say "Failed: Could not create ITestClassCommand..." when I try to run tests?
- Why can't I read the help file? It says "Navigation to the web page was cancelled"
- Why can I only run single tests in TestDriven.net? I can't seem to run classes or files.
- Why is the test count too high when running tests?
How Do I...?
- How do I install xUnit.net?
- How do I use xUnit.net?
- How do I view the help file?
- How do I run tests from MSBuild?
- How do I run tests in Visual Studio 2012 with the built-in Test Explorer?
- How do I run tests in Visual Studio with TestDriven .NET?
- How do I run tests in Visual Studio with Resharper?
- How do I get test results in TeamCity?
- How do I get test results in CruiseControl.net?
- How do I get the source and compile xUnit.net?
- How do I customize Visual Studio with xUnit.net snippets?
- What does the XML that xUnit.net generates look like?
Links to Resources
- .NET Framework 2.0 Redistributable (x86, x64)
- CruiseControl .NET
- MSBuild Reference