Curated Group Join
Curated Group Join (com.pawpawworks.civicrm.curatedgroupjoin) is an extension for CiviCRM which enables site admins to add to a form a curated list of groups. While CiviCRM offers a "groups" profile field which can be used to add group sign-up to most forms, the list cannot be curated; all public groups are displayed.
Potential uses for this extension:
- On a membership sign-up form, allow members to select the member benefits to which they would like to opt-in. (Assumes opt-in is represented as group membership.)
- Allow users to sign up for email communications, or to join an interest group, without overwhelming them with the list of all public groups.
This extension has not yet been published for in-app installation. General extension installation instructions are available in the CiviCRM System Administrator Guide.
- PHP v5.6+
- CiviCRM v4.7+
- Go to Contribution > Manage Contribution Pages.
- For the contribution form of interest, select Configure > Include Profiles.
- Supply a label and select the groups to display to end users. Only static (vs. smart) groups will be displayed, and only if they are active, not hidden, and have their visibility set to "Public Pages."
- Visit the public contribution page and note that users can select each group as a checkbox.
This extension creates a new database table
which configurations are stored.
Existing CiviCRM forms are modified using classes which implement an interface
Civi\Curatedgroupjoin\FormMod\IFace. The classes are named for the forms that
they modify. See
for an example of how to add a configuration screen for site administrators.
for an example of exposing the configured groups to end users. Note that new
form-modifying classes can be added to a third-party extension provided they are
named according to the above pattern and that CiviCRM's autoloader can find them.
- When a contribution form is configured not to use a confirmation page, and the
user submitting the form is anonymous, CiviCRM does not provide
hook_civicrm_postProcesssubscribers a way to identify the contact. Therefore, contacts cannot be added to groups in this context; as a stopgap measure, the extension will not activate. (#1)
- Supports only Contribution Pages. There are no plans to develop similar functionality for event registration pages or other forms. If you would like to develop or sponsor such functionality, please reach out.