sparseline is a low resource alternative to the powerline options out there. What this means is that it only makes subtle augmentations to your prompt with a focus on git repos.
- this is prefixed to PS1:
« remote/branch#short_hash »
- The "short_hash" is replaced with local tag when applicable.
- does not invoke, instead relying on bashisms
« origin/master#77f6ff4 » • 19:02:57|ramos@Prometheus:[sparse-line]>
Simple source the file from the appropriate bash config file:
- What about defining vars?
- switch for turning off color
- switch for no-special symbols
- osse@freenode#git: I think it might be a bit naïve. For example the file refs/heads/somebranch doesn't necessarily exist even when the branch does
- lupine@freenode#git: some refs are stored in
.git/packed-refsand so grepping
refs/*is not enough; Not sure actually, it makes sense that local branches aren't packed that way
- ikke git gc will pack local branches