Payments with Stripe for your Rails application.
What does this do?
Payola is a drop-in Rails engine that lets you sell one or more products by just including a module in your models. It includes:
- An easy to embed, easy to customize, async Stripe Checkout button
- Asynchronous payments, usable with any background processing system
- Full webhook integration
- Easy extension hooks for adding your own functionality
- Customizable emails
To see Payola in action, check out the site for Mastering Modern Payments: Using Stripe with Rails. Read the book to find out the whys behind Payola's design.
Add Payola to your Gemfile:
Run the installer:
$ rails g payola:install $ rake db:migrate
(Note: do not run
rake payola:install:migrations. Payola's migrations live inside the gem and do not get copied into your application.)
Optionally, tell Stripe about your application. Add this as a webhook in your Stripe dashboard:
Payola does not currently play nice with turbolinks. Disable it by removing the turbolinks include in your
Additional Setup Resources
- Multiple subscriptions per customer
- Affiliate tracking
- Easy metered billing
Please see the LICENSE file for licensing details.
Please see CHANGELOG.md.
- Fork the project
- Make your changes, including tests that exercise the code
- Summarize your changes in CHANGELOG.md
- Make a pull request