Publishing completed patterns to InnerSourceCommons.org
There are two separate repositories needed for publishing reviewed and accepted patterns:
This is a private repository where new ideas, donuts and patterns are published and reviewed by the patterns community prior to publishing them on innersourcecommons.org. Inside of this repository we're using the standard GitHub workflow where we have one main branch - the master branch. Contributions are done via fork and pull-requests.
This is where finalized patterns will be published after they have been reviewed and accepted by reviewers. Inside of this repository we're using the standard GitHub workflow where we have one main branch - the master branch. Contributions are done via fork and pull-requests. This repository contains the sources for the GitHub pages website for innersourcecommons.org.
- For each new pattern to be published, a new issue should be created in the InnerSourcePatterns repository
- the issue should contain the name of the pattern and a link to the accepted pattern inside of the InnerSourcePatterns repository
- Assign the issue to someone who can see the process through ex: a Trusted Committers (TC), community leader, or yourself
- TBD - we have yet to deal with bringing over a finalized pattern.
- whether we convert the pattern into a PDF, or keep it in markdown and where it lands on InnerSourceCommons, is yet to be determined