Do comment on the code or file issues!
Most of the developers hang out in
#alot@freenode, feel free to ask questions or make suggestions there.
Current features include:
- modular and command prompt driven interface
- multiple accounts for sending mails via sendmail
- spawn terminals for asynchronous editing of mails
- tab completion and usage help for all commands
- contacts completion using customizable lookups commands
- user configurable keyboard maps
- theming, optionally in 2, 16 or 256 colours
- tag specific theming and tag string translation
- (python) hooks to react on events and do custom formatting
- python shell for introspection
- forward/reply/group-reply of emails
- printing/piping of mails and threads
- notification popups with priorities
- database manager that manages a write queue to the notmuch index
- configurable status bar
- full support for PGP/MIME encryption and signing
The arrow keys,
Space can be used to move the focus.
Escape cancels prompts and
Enter selects. Hit
: at any time and type in commands
to the prompt.
The interface shows one buffer at a time, you can use
Shift-Tab to switch
between them, close the current buffer with
d and list them all with
The buffer type or mode (displayed at the bottom left) determines which prompt commands
are available. Usage information on any command can be listed by typing
to the prompt; The key bindings for the current mode are listed upon pressing
See the manual for more usage info.