Have a look at the user manual for installation notes, advanced usage, customization and hacking guides.
Do comment on the code or file issues! I'm curious what you think of it.
You can talk to me in
Current features include:
- modular and command prompt driven interface
- tab completion and usage help for all commands
- contacts completion using customizable lookups commands
- user configurable keyboard maps
- spawn terminals for asynchronous editing of mails
- theming, optionally in 2, 16 or 256 colours
- tag specific theming and tag string translation
- (python) hooks to react on events and do custom formatting
- python shell for introspection
- forward/reply/group-reply of emails
- printing/piping of mails and threads
- multiple accounts for sending mails via sendmail
- notification popups with priorities
- database manager that manages a write queue to the notmuch index
Soonish to be addressed non-features:
See here, most notably:
- async. calls to mimeparts renderer, parsing of VT colour escape sequences.
see #272. Milestone
- encryption/decryption for messages via gnupg CLI (see branch
- bind sequences of key presses to commands (POC in
- live search results while you're typing (POC in
- search for message (POC in
- search for strings in displayed buffer. MS
- undo for commands. Milestone
The arrow keys,
Space can be used to move the focus.
Escape cancels prompts and
Enter selects. Hit
: at any time and type in commands
to the prompt.
The interface shows one buffer at a time, you can use
Shift-Tab to switch
between them, close the current buffer with
d and list them all with
The buffer type or mode (displayed at the bottom left) determines which prompt commands
are available. Usage information on any command can be listed by typing
to the prompt; The key bindings for the current mode are listed upon pressing