You want Humorous Log Levels and Color? Can chickens turtle all the way down? Of course!
Works with Rails 3 & 4!
Add this line to your application's Gemfile in the
:development group, or wherever else you want awesome logs:
group :development do gem 'humorous_log_formatter' end
And then execute:
Or install it yourself as:
$ gem install humorous_log_formatter
- There is ZERO configuration. It makes some assumptions.
- Putting the gem in your Gemfile and restart your app.
- Now you have beautiful logs.
- Use the source.
- There are a bunch of CONSTANTS defined in the code, and everything this gem does is driven by them.
- Override them for magic.
- Fork it ( https://github.com/[my-github-username]/humorous_log_formatter/fork )
- Create your feature branch (
git checkout -b my-new-feature)
- Commit your changes (
git commit -am 'Add some feature')
- Push to the branch (
git push origin my-new-feature)
- Create a new Pull Request