This is a complete Knowledge Base software built on top of the Symfony2 CMF project, developed and open sourced by ServerGrove. Our website http://kb.servergrove.com is running on this KnowledgeBase software.
- Data is stored in a PHPCR complaint server like Jackrabbit. Other implementations will be available.
- Complete Administration UI
- Multiple Users, with admin and editor privileges
- Multiple categories
- Categories and Articles can be localized in multiple languages
- Articles content can be written in HTML or Markdown
- Easy to skin, based on Bootstrap
- Live preview on article editing page
The installation is quite simple, follow these steps:
# Clone git repository git clone email@example.com:servergrove/KnowledgeBase.git kb.local cd kb.local # Install vendor dependencies with Composer curl -s https://getcomposer.org/installer | php php composer.phar install # start jackrabbit server php app/console doctrine:phpcr:jackrabbit start # wait a few seconds for the server to initialize and be ready # setup PHPCR database php app/console doctrine:phpcr:workspace:create sgkb php app/console doctrine:phpcr:register-system-node-types php app/console doctrine:phpcr:fixtures:load # start web server (PHP 5.4 only) php app/console server:run
Once you completed these steps, if you are not using PHP 5.4, setup your web server virtual host to point to kb.local/web.
Access the KB site with either
The system includes an administration UI to manage categories and articles. To access it go to
- username: admin
- password: abc123
Please make sure to change the password immediately.
We hope people find this software useful. We also accept contributions through pull requests. If you find any bugs, feel free to open issues on github.
If you have any ideas on how to improve it or add new features, please contact us!
We still have many features we want to add. Some of these are:
- RESTful API
- Ability to rate content
- Multi-versions and rollback
- Allow users to submit new articles and edition improvement of existing articles