This is very much a work in progress
For a number of weeks, I ran vim with
syntax off. It was quite nice,
with only two annoyances:
- Bright white on jet black was a bit off-putting.
- There were cases when I did miss the lack of color, vimdiff for example.
Therefore, I aimed to find or create a colorscheme to solve these two issues.
The result is very much based on the pencil colorscheme, which is surprising because it's a very colorful colorscheme, but:
- It uses a very sane approach to defining and setting colors
- It has nice background and foreground colors
- In the areas where I do want color, I like how it colors things
Slightly out of date, not super exciting...
- Use Vundle
- Add "pbrisbin/vim-colors-off" as a plugin