CIS565: Project 5: Advanced GLSL
Due Tuesday 11/20/2012
A brief description
The goal of this project is to explore the functionality of GLSL further in three parts. The first part of this project is a globe renderer capable of rendering a convincing model of planet Earth from space. The second part is a screen-space ambient occlusion technique based entirely in the fragment shader. The third one is to implement two interesting vertex shadings.
PART 1: Globe Renderer
- Bump mapped terrain
- Rim lighting to simulate atmosphere
- Nighttime lights on the dark side of the globe
- Specular mapping
- Moving clouds
- Shade base on altitude using the height map(keyboard '2')
Figure 0. Shade base on altitude using the height map.
PART 2: Screen-Space Ambient Occlusion
- regular sample based approach
Figure 1. regular sample based SSAO.
PART 3: Vertex Shading
- Vertex Pulsing(keyboard '2')
- Vertex Morphing(keyboard '3')
Figure 2. pulsing cow.
How to build
I developed the part1 on Visual Studio 2010. The solution files are located in part1/Globe/Globe.sln part2/565GLFrame/565GLFrame.sln part3/565GLFrame/565GLFrame.sln
You should be able to build it without modification.