Embed Code Usage Guide
Clone this wiki locally
To embed a video from Amara:
Step 1: paste this in your document somewhere (closest to the closing body tag is preferable):
Step 2: paste this inside your HTML body where you want to include the videos, with the video URL, height, and width of your choosing:
<div class="amara-embed" data-height="480px" data-width="854px" data-url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CKwCfLUwj4"> </div>
You can set the following options:
- Hide the menu item to order subtitles by adding data-hide-order="true" in the previous tag.
- Set the initial active subtitle language by adding data-initial-language="language" in the previous tag, where language is the language code, such as "en" for English.
- Display the subtitles by default by adding data-show-subtitles-default="true" in the previous tag.
- Display the transcript by default by adding data-show-transcript-default="true" in the previous tag.
- Make the embed responsive by adding data-resizable="true" in the previous tag.
The subtitles and transcript will display as they do on the Amara video pages and in the amara embedder example