Octohint is a browser extension which adds IntelliSense hint feature to GitHub.
Install it from Chrome Web Store
Go to release page, find
chrome.zip file, download and unpack it.
Follow this guide. The file is the same as manual installation of Chrome.
Make sure your version of Firefox supports web extensions.
Install it from Safari Extensions Gallery
With Octohint installed, when you view code at GitHub (For example this demo), you'll get features as follows:
- Mouse Hover: Show information of current token
- Left Click: Show all references of current token
- [⌘] + Click: Go to definition of current token (For Windows and Linux user, use [Ctrl] instead)
Octohint supports all languages. There are two strategies:
- Simple token matching: All other languages
Support GitHub, GitLab and Bitbucket. Since GitLab CE has many versions, I'm not sure it works correctly on every version. If you find some bugs you could submit an issue.
Get your private site works
If GitHub/GitLab/Bitbucket you are using is hosted on different site, go to chrome://extensions, click options of Octohint, then add match patterns of your site, like
Octohint is a pure client thing. All code analysis are performed at your browser, which means your code and actions log like click, mousemove will never be sent to any server.
Feel free to use it at your private GitHub/GitLab/Bitbucket.
- Octoview: The missing preview feature for GitHub