This is a project designed to supplement my blog post at https://pdemro.com/improve-sharepoint-framework-build-times-by-hacking-gulp-and-webpack/. The idea is to reduce build times for large SpFx projects which have many components during development of a single component (e.g. individual web part or extension).
Building the code
git clone the repo npm i npm i -g gulp gulp serve --nobrowser (or gulp bundle)
- uncomment lines 7-13 in gulpfile.js
- copy the contents of config/config.minimal.json into config/config.json
- comment hard-coded exception lines 112-115 ("Do not use mergeConfig with gulp-core-build-typescript") in node_modules/@microsoft/gulp-core-build-typescript/lib/TypeScriptTask.js
gulp serve --nobrowser
Much more explanation in the blog post.
This package produces the following:
- lib/* - intermediate-stage commonjs build artifacts
- dist/* - the bundled script, along with other resources
- deploy/* - all resources which should be uploaded to a CDN.
gulp clean - TODO gulp test - TODO gulp serve - TODO gulp bundle - TODO gulp package-solution - TODO