DAM PDFs - Data Access Matrix PDFs
Data Access Matrix for PDF, or "DAM PDF", will work in the background with PDF Liberation challenges to curate a reference chart of which tools perform best for which PDF data extraction use cases. To help gather and share re-usable knowledge form the hackathon, we are putting together a simple data capture tool for teams to report their experiences and what they learn.
What we would like to capture from each team
- The source PDF file(s) itself
- What type of PDF is it (tabular data, images, structured text, etc)
- What the extraction goal is (what are we trying to get out of that and into what format)
- Each tool that was attempted and how it was attempted
- What the results were with that tool/particular attempt
- What would have to be changed/added to the tool or process to achieve success (#3)...or if it actually worked, and where the results are
- Contact info (names/email addresses/twitter handles/organizations) for each challenge group.
How to capture and share information
Capture and share your team's activity in 3 simple steps:
- Visit activity tracker gist and fork it
- Edit your version to share what your team's activity
- There's no third step