priorities is a simple tool meant to help you follow a
prioritization exercise that goes something like this:
- Get all the stuff your team is doing out of your head and into a list.
- Prioritize everything using a simple scale (0 = none, 3 = high)
- Describe how much effort you're putting toward everything (0 = none, 3 = lots)
- Look for disconnects between your stated priorities and the work your team is actually doing.
- Have a conversation with your team and your manager.
You can read more about this process and my thinking around it here:
priorities is a pared-down version of my
Docs Decomposer, which has the same tool, only hardcoded
for a team of tech writers, and without any conception of multiple