What is this?
Net_SmartIRC is a PHP package that helps you communicate with IRC networks in whatever way you might need, whether in a CLI program or as part of a web page. It's also well suited for bot development.
- To be a fast and full-featured way to interface your PHP code with IRC networks.
- To provide a concise, easy-to-use module API to make it do exactly what you want.
This package was originally written for PHP 4 (and the code shows it). My aim is to fix all submitted bugs, update the code structure as much as I can without breaking backward compatibility, implement whatever new features are fairly simple to add, and update the documentation and examples. This package will likely be used as a starting point for a new IRC library that uses better OO principles and is even easier to use. -- Garrett W., current maintainer
How to contribute
- Read the TODO file or the roadmap on the main package homepage to see what needs doing
- Fork the repo
- Make code changes using PEAR Coding Standards
- Submit pull request
- Pat yourself on the back
- Mirco 'meebey' Bauer
- Amir Mohammad Saied
- Garrett Whitehorn
- See the package homepage for the official list
- defines.php (Necessary message code defines)
- irccommands.php (Basic outgoing message functions)
- messagehandler.php (Basic incoming message handlers)
- SmartIRC.php (The class itself)
- example.php (a very basic bot that simply responds to a message)
- example2.php (how to output number of channel users in a webpage)
- example3.php (another basic bot that uses the channel user list to find ops)
- example4.php (examines realnames of users in channel)
- example5.php (kicks other users on command)
- example6.php (greets users when they join the channel)
- example7.php (shows how to use timers to do things rather than events)
- HTML/ (the full documentation of SmartIRC)
- DOCUMENTATION (Appendix to the HTML documention for developers)
- HOWTO (Mini howto with detailed information, step by step)
- composer.json (Hopefully this package will eventually be on packagist.org)
- package.xml (Package info file generated by PEAR packager)
- phpdoc.dist.xml (phpDocumentor settings to make generating API documentation easy)