Choose Open Scripts Folder (Cmd+Shift+Y) in the Script menu in Glyphs. A folder called Scripts will appear in a new Finder window. Put the scripts into this folder. Go back to Glyphs, go to the Script menu, hold down the Option (Alt) key, and choose Reload Scripts (Cmd+Opt+Shift+Y). Yeah! Now you can see and use the scripts from the Script menu.
Please, visit http://www.glyphsapp.com/ for further information.
PS, Some of the scripts require @typesupply's Vanilla. No worries, it’s easy: go to the Glyphs menu, Preferences, Addons, Modules, and finally click on Install Modules. Done!
ABOUT THE SCRIPTS
- Clear background in all layers: Clears the background in all layers (masters and copies) in all glyphs.
- Clear background in all master layers: Clears the background in all master layers in all glyphs.
- Decompose all corner components: Decomposes all corner components in selected glyphs.
- Decompose all serif components: Decomposes all serif components in selected glyphs.
- Delete annotations in all layers: Deletes all annotations in all layers (masters and copies) in all glyphs.
- Delete annotations in all master layers: Deletes all annotations in all master layers in all glyphs.
- Display next layer: Switches to the next layer of the current glyph within the current master.
- Display previous layer: Switches to the previous layer of the current glyph within the current master.
- Duplicate current layer: Duplicates the current layer as a normal glyph layer.
- Make component glyph for all masters: Builds compound glyphs in the selected ones for all masters.
- Make lower-unicase font: Makes a lower-unicase font placing the lowercase glyphs (as components) in the uppercasse cells.
- New tab with glyphs between figures: Opens a new tab and outputs selected glyph(s) between figures 0–9.
- New tab with glyphs between lc: Opens a new tab and outputs selected glyph(s) between lowercase a–z.
- New tab with glyphs between UC: Opens a new tab and outputs selected glyph(s) between uppercase A–Z.
- New tab with random lc non-text: Opens a new tab and outputs random lowercase non-text.
- New tab with random Title non-text: Opens a new tab and outputs random title non-text.
- New tab with random UC non-text: Opens a new tab and outputs random uppercase non-text.
- New tabs with KernKing text: Opens two new edit tabs and outputs KernKing text.
- Scale background in selected glyphs: Scales proportionally (user-definable percentage) the background content in selected glyphs.
- Select different colour: In Font view, selects glyphs with a different colour(s) as the currently selected one(s).
- Select partial path: Selects the partial path between the selected nodes in the current glyph — take into account that the script goes through the path starting from the first node.
- Select paths: Selects the path or paths you are working on—according to the selected nodes.
- Select small paths: Finds and selects small paths (smaller than a user-definable area) in the current glyph.
- Selection to all the backgrounds: Replaces in all the glyphs their current content of the background with the selected paths in the current glyph.
- Set default figures: UI (Vanilla required) for setting the set of numerals selected by the user as default figures. Inserts the figures as components in the ‘Decimal Digit’ cells, enables automatic alignment, and copies kerning groups.
- Shift background in selected glyphs: Shifts horizontally (user-definable number) the background content in selected glyphs. Positive value for shifting to the right, negative value for shifting to the left.
- Simplify selection: Simplifies the selected path(s) by deleting one of every two nodes.
- Start-from-scratch: UI (Vanilla required) for deleting anchors, annotations, backgrounds, guidelines, images, kerning groups, labels, metric keys, non-master layers, and paths and components—in selected/all the glyphs, selected/all the masters, and master/all the layers.
- Tabular width checker: Checks all selected Glyphs are on same width. It ignores ‘Auto’ and makes sure that the assigned value is equal regardless of metrics keys.
- Use layer as master: Sets the current layer as the master layer.
- Vertical metrics reporter: Reports if vertical metrics in all the masters in all open files are equal.
Copyright 2018, Pedro Arilla (@pedroarilla).
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
See the License file included in this repository for further details.