Welcome to Pixen, a free, open source pixel editor for Mac OS X! Milestone releases of Pixen can be accessed by clicking on the 'Downloads' button above.
Follow us on Twitter @pixenapp!
Compiling the Tip-of-Tree Build
Mac OS X 10.6+ and Xcode 3.2+ are required to compile Pixen. We recommend Xcode 4, which is available for free on the Mac App Store for OS X 10.7 "Lion" users.
- Open Terminal (found in the "Utilities" folder inside your "Applications" folder) and
cdinto a folder in which you'd like to place Pixen's source tree. For example:
- Issue the following command to pull the latest source code to Pixen:
git clone git://github.com/philippec/Pixen.git
- Once the clone completes, open the Xcode project file found in the root directory of the source tree.
- Hit the 'Run' button to compile and run a working build of Pixen.
- To locate your build of Pixen in the Finder, expand the 'Products' group in Xcode's file navigator.
- Right click on 'Pixen.app' and click 'Show in Finder'.
You may use the Issues page to file bug reports or request features for future releases.
Thank you for using Pixen!