Peering Manager is a BGP session management tool. Initially conceived as a way to document Internet Exchanges points and peering sessions, its goal is now to provide a source of truth and configuration management for external BGP sessions of all kind (transit, customers, peering, …).
- GitHub Discussions - Discussion forum hosted by GitHub; ideal for Q&A and other structured discussions
- Slack - Real-time chat hosted by the NetDev Community
#peering-manager; best for unstructured discussion or just hanging out
Peering Manager is written with the Django
with a PostgreSQL database,
Redis for caching/task processing and requires Python 3
with some dependencies to run. For a complete list of requirements, see
Tested Python versions are 3.8, 3.9, 3.10 and 3.11.
The best way to start setting up this tool is to use pip within a virtualenv.
You can help this project in many ways. Of course you can ask for features, give some ideas for future development, open issues if you found any and contribute to the code with pull requests and patches. You can also support the development of this project by donating some coins.
Spreading The Word
- RIPE76 Peering Manager - Easing Peering Sessions Management by Guillaume Mazoyer (English)
- FRnOG32 Peering Automation and Documentation by Guillaume Mazoyer (French)
- LUNOG2 A better Internet thanks to peering and automation by Guillaume Mazoyer (English)
- NetLdn16 Peering Manager - Your BGP Source Of Truth by Guillaume Mazoyer (English)
- DE-CIX Tech Meeting 2021 - Keeping track of your BGP configuration by Guillaume Mazoyer (English)
- RIPE84 An introduction to Peering Manager by Guillaume Mazoyer (English)