Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.
Version 0.3.11 (28 Sep 2014)
Version 0.3.10 (29 Aug 2014)
- Patch for #246, which started as of Chrome 38.
Version 0.3.9 (11 July 2014)
- Fixed a bug where
disconnected would be emitted for XHR requests that were aborted on purpose.
Version 0.3.8 beta (18 Mar 2014)
- Allow an external adapter to be used (for
RTCPeerConnection and such). (Thanks, @khankuan!)
- Fixed a bug where
_chunkedData was not being cleared recursively, causing memory to be eaten up unnecessarily. (Thanks, @UnsungHero97!)
peer.reconnect(), which allows a peer to reconnect to the signalling server with the same ID it had before after it has been disconnected. (Thanks, @jure, for the amazing input :)!)
- Added previously-missing error types, such as
peer-unavailable error types. (Thanks, @mmis1000 for reporting!)
- Fixed a bug where the peer would infinitely attempt to start XHR streaming when there is no network connection available. Now, the peer will simply emit a
network error and disconnect. (Thanks, @UnsungHero97 for reporting!)
Version 0.3.7 beta (23 Dec 2013)
- The following changes are only compatible with PeerServer 0.2.4.
- Added the ability to specify a custom path when connecting to a self-hosted
- Added the ability to retrieve a list of all peers connected to the server.
Version 0.3.6 beta (3 Dec 2013)
- Chrome 31+/Firefox 27+ DataConnection interop for files.
binary-utf8 in favor of faster support for UTF8 in the regular
invalid-key error message.
Version 0.3.5 beta (26 Nov 2013)
- Workaround for hitting Chrome 31+ buffer limit.
.bufferSize to DataConnection to indicate the size of the buffer queue.
.dataChannel to DataConnection as an alias for
._dc, which contains
the RTCDataChannel object associated with the DataConnection.
- Update BinaryPack dependency.
Version 0.3.4 beta (11 Nov 2013)
- Fix bug where chunks were being emitted.
Version 0.3.3 beta (2 Nov 2013)
- Fix file transfer issue in Chrome by chunking for data over 120KB.
- Use binary data when possible.
- Update BinaryPack dependency to fix inefficiencies.
Version 0.3.2 beta (25 Oct 2013)
- Fix exceptions when peer emits errors upon creation
- Remove extra commas
Version 0.3.1 beta (19 Oct 2013)
- Use SCTP in Chrome 31+.
- Work around Chrome 31+ tab crash. The crashes were due to Chrome's lack of support for the
maxRetransmits parameter for modifying SDP.
- Fix exceptions in Chrome 29 and below.
- DataChannels are unreliable by default in Chrome 30 and below. In setting
true, the reliable shim is used only in Chrome 30 and below.
Version 0.3.0 beta (20 Sept 2013)
- Updated docs and examples for TURN server usage
- Fixed global variable leak
- DataConnections now have reliable: false by default. This will switch to on when reliable: true works in more browsers
- Support for WebRTC video and audio streams in both Firefox and Chrome.
util.supports.[FEATURE] flags, which represent the WebRTC features
supported by your browser.
- Breaking: Deprecate current
Peer#connections format. Connections will no longer be
keyed by label and will instead be in a list.
Version 0.2.8 (1 July 2013)
- Breaking: Deprecate
Peer.browser in favor of
- Additional logging levels (warnings, errors, all).
- Additional logging functionality (
- SSL option now in config rather than automatic.
Version 0.2.7 (28 May 2013)
- Fix bug, no error on Firefox 24 due to missing error callback.
- TLS secure PeerServers now supported.
- Updated version of Reliable shim.
Version 0.2.6 (2 May 2013)
- Fix bug, no error when .disconnect called in before socket connection established.
- Fix bug, failure to enter debug mode when aborting because browser not supported.
Version 0.2.5 (24 Apr 2013)
- Peer.browser to check browser type.
- Update Reliable library and fix Reliable functionality in Chrome.
Version 0.2.1 (3 Apr 2013)
- Firefox compatibility for Firefox Nightly.
- Misc bug fixes.
Version 0.2.0 (24 Mar 2013)
- Warning: this build changes the error of type
Firefox compatibility. - Pushed back due to volatility of Firefox Nightly DataChannel APIs.
- Browser detection added. If an incompatible browser is detected, the
browser-incompatible error is emitted from the
- Added a
.disconnect() method to
Peer, which can be called to close connections to the PeerServer (but not any active DataConnections).
Version 0.1.7 (6 Mar 2013)
- Warning: this build introduces the following API changes that may break existing code.
peer.connections is no longer a hash mapping peer IDs to connections.
- Connections no longer emit errors from
PeerConnection errors are now forwarded to the
- Add support for multiple DataConnections with different labels.
- Update Reliable version to support faster file transfer.
- Fix bug where using XHR streaming to broker a connection occasionally fails.
- Add experimental
reliable messaging option. See documentation.
- Fix bug where the ID /GET request was cached and so two Peers created simultaneously would get the same ID: See issue.
- Add support for relative hostname. See documentation.
Press h to open a hovercard with more details.