Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Clone this wiki locally
PLEASE NOTE - THE DATABASE WAS RECENTLY LOST AND A VERY OLD BACKUP (FROM 2008) WAS RESTORED. UNFORTUNATELY DUE TO SPAM THE DB WAS IMPOSSIBLE TO BACKUP AS IT HAD REACHED 100GB. IN MY EFFORTS TO REDUCE THE SIZE OF THE DB I ACCIDENTALLY HOSED IT. SO THE WIKI IS OUT OF DATE.
The Open Media Collectors Database (OpenDb) is a PHP and MySQL based inventory application that allows you to easily catalog and lend out your stuff. Its primary purpose is to catalog media related items, such as DVD's, Books, CD's etc, but its so flexible you can use it to catalog pretty much anything.
Opendb ships with many media related (DVD, VCD, CD, VHS, games, books, and laser discs.) item type definitions, or you can download a user contributed item type or create your own.
The following is a non-exhaustive list of the functionality included in OpenDb 1.5.
- Custom Item Type definitions
- Comprehensive reservations and borrowing email based workflows, including reminder notification support.
- Themes - with semantic HTML CSS
- Site Plugins for many sites, and its easy to add new plugins.
- Language packs (excluding admin tools)
- Import plugins for CSV, DVDProfiler XML, OpenDb XML
- Export plugins for CSV, OpenDb XML
- Database Configuration
- SMTP / PHP Email support
- Signup Workflow with CAPTCHA support.
- RSS Feeds
- Related Items
- User Item Interest functionality
- New Cover Image cache and thumbnail generation functionality
- HTML Caching (for reduced bandwidth and site plugin search performance)
- File Uploads
- Web based installer
- MYSQL 5.x support
- PHP 5.x support
- Most modern browsers are supported